Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Blog Tradition in the Making: Random Wednesdays


 

 


As I'm trying to get back in the habit of writing on here, I felt I needed to establish some good habits, and what better than a weekly assignment for myself? I present to you: Random Wednesdays!

Every Wednesday I will post a completely useless, random thing you didn't know anything about nor will you ever need to know anything about. Be it a piece of information, a product, history, anything, it will be random and you will never see it coming. I am looking forward to seeing where this goes. Now, here you are with Random Wednesday Number 1.



First week is a description of an animal. This is a little critter called a Sea Angel, also known by some as Cliones. You might not believe this, but did you know this is a member of the snail family, the gastropods? They are found worldwide near the surface of the ocean, and are typically very small, so I bet you've never seen one, neither have I. Oddly cute, isn't it? Even more surprising is the fact that these things are predators. And how they do it is something that can be quite disturbing.


Freaky difference, eh? Sea Angels have several concealed tentacles that up close are pretty close to an octopus', they have little suckers that they use to grab prey and bring it into their mouths. Their prey is quite small so you don't have to worry about winding up at the wrong end of one, but still it is sobering. The prettiest things can be quite creepy up close. 

Well, that's Random Wednesday 1, come back next week for something you never knew. :D 

(I own none of the images, and any questions about the creatures or anything in particular will be considered.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all fine, drop me a line. ;)